Eyecare Business May, 2016, By James Vann, OD
- What is your benchmark for the patient experience?
- I want new patients to encounter an eye exam like they have never had before. I want them to realize that may staff and I care about more than just their eyes – we care about the whole person…For my existing patients, I want them to look forward to coming to their eye exam. I want them to feel confident they will always receive the best eye health care possible from us.
- What does your office focus on to improve the patient experience?
- Our number one focus is education. We devote a great deal of effort to explaining everything to our patients in terms that are easy for them to understand…Our other big focus is preventive care. Yes, we treat diseases, but we want our patients to understand what it takes to avoid getting them in the first place.
- How has that translated to increasing premium lens sales?
- It’s as simple as this: What’s good for the patient is good for the practice…Prescribe what is best for the patient every single time, its that easy.