Eyecare Business January/February 2020 by Denise Power
Your prescription just walked out and over to a web retailer, you say?
Enough. Try these 3 smart ideas + tactics to reclaim your turf from e-commerce competitors.
1. BE LIKE BEZOS: Leverage accounting tools to track sources of revenue and costs—on a daily basis, Walton says. Many businesses overlook this opportunity to understand their unique business drivers. “Know why you exist,” Walton says.
2. CLEAN UP ONLINE.Google your business. Does the search return correct business hours, phone, and address? Does your website have old images, dead-end links, latest review dated 2017?
3. CONNECT THE DOTS.Warby Parker links online clicks and page views to sales closed in stores to understand conversion. “Start to adopt that mindset and give yourself more information about what people are actually doing in your store,” Walton says.
For the complete article visit:
At Optical Dynamics, our primary method of shipping is UPS* ground service. With a major UPS hub located right down the street at the Louisville International Airport, we can provide quick delivery to most states using traditional ground shipping methods. Orders always go out the following business day after they are received and the majority go out the same day they are received**. Expedited service of 2nd day air or overnight is also available upon request. Below is a delivery map detailing the time to your part of the country.
*Most packages shipped to NYC are shipped via FedEx ground for a two day service level. **Unless account is on credit hold.
Eye Center Boutique Humacao, the 8th ECB franchise welcomed to the Optical Dynamics user family has increased their production capacity with the addition of a second Q-2100 with nanoCLEAR AR. Opening in October 2015 at the Mall Palma Real in Humacao, business is booming and demand for just-in-time delivery of eyeware has increased. Humacao, also know as”La Perla del Oriente”, (pearl of the orient) and “La Cuidad Gris”, (the grey city), is situated in the eastern coast of the island with approximately 60,000 residents.
Congratulations to Eric Rivera on the award of his official training certificate. Now a master lens producer, Eric is wearing his ultraSUN photochromic lenses with nanoCHROME blue mirror.
Each Eye Center Boutique location carries a large array of frames, handbags and accessories for a unique shopping experience. All locations include an in-house lab utilizing the Q-2100 and nanoCLEAR technology for its combination of premium lens products and quick delivery of eye wear. The ECB chain focuses on quality eye care with a designer line of frames to fit every budget.
“I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man. ” George Washington
With the Q-2100 you produce digital quality lenses through a patented lens production process that utilizes digital glass molds on both the front and back surfaces of the lens.
This digital process is the only process that eliminates direct machining or polishing of either lens surface for a clarity of vision that cannot be achieved any other way.
Q-2100 digital lenses mirror the surface quality and prescription accuracy of the glass mold to an exacting tolerance.
Each digital lens is processed in premium index materials custom made to the patients finished Rx.
Dispense digital lenses to upgrade the visual clarity of every patient!
Re-post: Eyecare Business June 2017, by Gary Kaschak
- “Do you spend a lot of time on the computer?” (computer/digital eyewear)
- “Do you drive a lot? Spend time outdoors?” (sunglasses, photochromics, etc.)
- “Do you work in a dirty area or factory environment?” (inexpensive pair for work only)
- “Do you watch TV in a reclined position?” (SV for this and more)
- “Do you play an contact sports?” (sports eyewear)
- “Did you know that everyone should have two pair…just in case?”
- “Did you know that a pair of glasses is needed to give your eyes a break’? (for contact lens wearers)
Don’t forget to regularly clean your Q-2100 Digital Lens System. The production process involves varying materials that produce small amounts of debris with each job processed. Buildup and leftover residue can cause your unit to perform below its optimal levels. Keep your system looking and running like new with the following daily & weekly tasks.
- Keep production area and machines clean wiping up any spills
- Remove and clean out excess fluid from the spin bowls and blot dry
- Clean excess coating build up from the spin stages
- Wipe down the drawers in the main chamber and post cure chamber
- Visually inspect the filter plates for any residue and wipe clean with Kaydrys and Q-Spray if necessary
- Ensure that all molds are cleaned and returned to the mold storage cabinet and never leave molds to soak overnight
- Top off all cleaning solutions and monomer as needed
- Remove the Q-2100’s front panels and visually inspect the air filters. Clean the filters with tap water and a mild soap if necessary. Blot dry and allow to dry overnight before returning to the panel
- With the oven at room temperature, clean the glass plate in the top of the oven box (DO NOT attempt to clean the glass while the oven is hot). Use Q-Spray and a clean, nonabrasive cloth to clean. Reinstall the front panels
- Change Q-Soak solutions at least once per week unless required more frequently due to volume or contamination
- Remove spin bowls to soak overnight in a separate tub or bucket and then scrub with a scrub pad and rinse with hot water. Due to volume or debris build up this process may be required more frequently than once per week.
- Change scrub pads as needed
When Optical Dynamics determined the power range of the Q-2100 Digital Lens system, they studied over a million prescriptions dispensed in the US.
The +4.00 to -6.00 range with cylinders out to a -2.50, and add powers from +1.00 to +3.00, cover approximately 93% of the total Rx range studied.