Capitalizing on increased photochromic sales can improve both patient satisfaction and your bottom line. According to Vision Care Product News, “the goal of every eyecare professional should be to offer the best products to all patients and photochromic lenses are high on the list of great products to offer”. Whether sold as an everyday lens or as a second pair, you can use the following tips to build your sunSMART II photochromic business.
Tip #1: Is everyone in your practice wearing photochromics? If not, they should be. A personal recommendation from someone wearing the product can go a long way in the sales process. Tell them how much you love your photochromic lenses and how they comfortably adjust to the light both indoors or out and see just how far your testimonial can go.
Tip #2: Are you recommending lenses during the eye exam? If the doctor shares a product recommendation with the patient in the exam room, they will be more likely to act on the suggestion. When the doctor is wearing the product recommended, you are almost assured a sale.
Tip #3: Are you presenting the photochromic option to everyone? Adult, mature adult, teen or child all can benefit from a photochromic lens. Make sure to always ask, “Would you like lenses that are clear indoors and darken when you are in the sun?” Or ask, “Are you concerned about eye health?” Both questions lead directly into the photochromic lens discussion increasing your chance of a sale.
Rebecca Jonhson, Optometric Management
Marketing is more than communicating the value of a product and making a sale. It is about building relationships that result in trust and increased business. Creating a patient-centered experience with a feeling of community is the best marketing tool to ensure a loyal following of patients who enthusiastically refer friends and family.
Let’s take a look at some role-based marketing opportunities.
Appointment scheduler – MARKETING MESSAGE:
“You made the right decision.” The solution is to regularly schedule time with your employees to discuss the uniqueness and mission of your practice. Make sure employees can list reasons a perspective patient would receive value by choosing your practice.
Front desk receptionist – MARKETING MESSAGE:
“You had me at hello.” Keeping personal notes in the patient’s file reminds the receptionist to celebrate the patient. For instance, “Mrs. Parker, I saw that Jason got a baseball scholarship at Georgia Tech. I bet you are proud.”
Technician – MARKETING MESSAGE:
“You are in good hands.” A pre-test script increases the confidence of the technician in discussing technology.
Optician – MARKETING MESSAGE:
“You received quality and value.” Reassuring the patient of the quality and value of the products you provide fosters patient referrals, great reviews and satisfied patients. The optician should follow-up with the patient within two weeks of the purchase to ensure the patient is satisfied with his/her new eyewear.
Checkout/biller – MARKETING MESSAGE:
“You are welcome back.” The checkout experience should be compared with the grand finale at a fireworks’ display, not a sterile discussion of insurance and out-of-pocket expenses. Look to delight your patient with this last impression. For example, a vase of fresh flowers on the desk and an offer of a Hershey’s Kiss or a York Peppermint Pattie can create the perfect ending. Also, attach a “Like Us on Facebook” postcard to the appointment card.
Specializing in Digital Lens Technology and glass lens surfacing, Vision Dynamics Laboratory is committed to accurate lens production and timely turnaround. Our lab team has more than 150 years of combined optical experience and is considered to be the most highly skilled in the region. Superior products and customer support are top priorities of our team.
With Vision Dynamics Lab (VDL) out of range services, you can offer a greater number of patients the same digital quality lenses you produce in house.
VDL expands your in-office, aspheric single vision, FT-28, and progressive and material offering by making Optical Dynamics lens products available in an expanded range.
- clearLIGHT advantage
- sunSMART II grey & brown
- ultraSUN II
- AR Coating
- Progressives to 14mm
Or, let VDL act as your back up lab of choice if an operator goes on vacation or volume increases to where you need extra capacity.
In addition to uncuts, VDL offers complete services including edging and tinting.
All Vision Dynamics Lab products are competitively priced for increased practice profitability.
Call 888-900-5503 or visit www.visdynlab.com to set up your new account!
The Q-2100 Digital Lens System allows you to produce lenses in-house at a fraction of the cost when purchased from a traditional lab. Once integrated into your practice successfully, you will see an impressive reduction in outside lab costs. As a practice owner, manager or lab manager, it is important you take an active role in monitoring production and outside expenditures to ensure that you are utilizing the technology to its fullest potential.
- Check your lab bill to see what was produced in office and what was purchased from an outside lab. Are you capturing all progressive, photochromic and AR jobs possible? You should maximize production of jobs that fall in the range of the technology. Remember, you are producing digital designed lenses, some of the best in the industry. Promote the premium products you produce in-house first.
- Check your lab bills and compare the cost to producing in-house. While you are undoubtedly focusing on the most profitable products, verify what you are paying for custom processed single vision and FT lenses. You may find that it is more cost effective to produce these lenses in-house as well.
- Continue to check your outside lab bills for total dollars spent. As with all new technology, there is a certain level of excitement that is present when first purchased. Usage starts out high as the lens unit is new and fun. Over time, production levels may fall as it becomes part of every day operations. Make sure the enthusiasm for the technology remains strong through incentive plans and monthly goals that reinforce your commitment to in-house lens production and practice profitability
- Are you utilizing Vision Dynamics Lab for out of range and expanded product offerings? Vision Dynamics Lab carries a complete array of Optical Dynamics lens products, including clearLIGHT advantage, sunSMART II grey & brown, ultraSUN II, blueVIEW and amplifEYE. As a Q-2100 owner you receive discounted pricing on all Vision Dynamics Lab products and services. Check against current lab pricing to profit even more.
The key to ongoing success is system utilization. The more you make…the more you’ll make. Your staff is key to maximizing your potential. Educate, reward, monitor, and reinforce your team’s commitment to this new lens technology and you will be successful.
Innvision Magazine By Daniel Rostenne
Showing patients gratitude should be a year round affair. Giving your patients the recognition that they chose you, when they could have chosen any other eyecare professional out there reinforces that they made the right decision. It builds trust, loyalty, and goodwill and they will certainly remember it when its time for their next eye exam.
Here are some easy ways to show gratitude using digital marketing:
- Create a nice thank you graphic that can be sent by email or as a post card after a visit.
- Run a Facebook thank you campaign
- Share for them. Help your patients to succeed in their endeavors by liking their Facebook pages, sharing content and reciprocating.
- Hold a customer appreciation day in which you offer discounts or giveaways for loyal customers and spread the word through an integrated campaign on Facebook, email, website ads and direct mail.
- Respond to reviews, both good and the bad. Thank those that leave positive reviews and those that complain as well…
- Offer social media exclusive deals.
for complete article vision invisionmag.com
IPAO Optometrists cruising the river wearing Optical Dynamics’ sunSMART grey with nanoCRHOME shades!
At Optical Dynamics all Q-2100 and nanoCLEAR AR equipment is assembled, tested, and shipped direct from Louisville Kentucky. We manufacture all lens materials and coatings onsite. Our R&D team develops and blends all photochromics in-house. At Optical Dynamics we are proud to be a made in the USA company.
As a Q-2100 Digital Lens System owner you are producing lenses in the USA, made with products manufactured in the USA, while providing your operator with employment in the USA. Lens products made in the USA differentiates you from most other practices in your area, so share the news. This is a great message and your patients should know it!