One of several Pearle franchise locations utilizing the technology, Mr. Wilson added the Q-2100 to his practice in early 2006 and the nanoCLEAR AR unit later that same year. Providing same or next day delivery of anti-reflective eyewear was a motivating factor in his decision to pursue in-office lens production. The addition of the technology was an important boon to his business and he added a second system configuration to his lab for increased production.
With eye health and wellness as their primary focus, Pearle Vision Cleveland, TN has received many 5 star customer reviews for their business and service.
Don’t forget to regularly clean your Q-2100 Digital Lens System. The production process involves varying materials that produce small amounts of debris with each job processed. Buildup and leftover residue can cause your unit to perform below its optimal levels. Keep your system looking and running like new with the following daily & weekly tasks.
- Keep production area and machines clean wiping up any spills
- Remove and clean out excess fluid from the spin bowls and blot dry
- Clean excess coating build up from the spin stages
- Wipe down the drawers in the main chamber and post cure chamber
- Visually inspect the filter plates for any residue and wipe clean with Kaydrys and Q-Spray if necessary
- Ensure that all molds are cleaned and returned to the mold storage cabinet and never leave molds to soak overnight
- Top off all cleaning solutions and monomer as needed
- Remove the Q-2100’s front panels and visually inspect the air filters. Clean the filters with tap water and a mild soap if necessary. Blot dry and allow to dry overnight before returning to the panel
- With the oven at room temperature, clean the glass plate in the top of the oven box (DO NOT attempt to clean the glass while the oven is hot). Use Q-Spray and a clean, nonabrasive cloth to clean. Reinstall the front panels
- Change Q-Soak solutions at least once per week unless required more frequently due to volume or contamination
- Remove spin bowls to soak overnight in a separate tub or bucket and then scrub with a scrub pad and rinse with hot water. Due to volume or debris build up this process may be required more frequently than once per week.
- Change scrub pads as needed
Crystal Vision Optical in Saskatchewan Canada, owned by James Hollstein, licensed optician, has been using the Q-2100 Digital Lens System and nanoCLEAR AR since 2006. When asked what he likes best about the technology, he responded “freedom”. “I now have freedom from the big labs for 90% of my lens sales,” he shared. “Most orders are complete same day and my in house lab costs are low enough to compete in any market and still make a profit,” he added.
The onsite lens production also adds a level of service, not readily available at other optical locations in the area. When asked to share a success story, Hollstein detailed, “A man and his wife wanted two pairs of glasses each. They were all progressives. They each wanted sunglasses. They were amazed that all their glasses were ready the next day and they impressed with service we can provide with our Optical Dynamics system.”