Eyecare Professional, by Bob Phibbs
- DON’T leave us alone. While you may think that giving us some space is good, don’t leave us completely alone or we’ll walk away! Its too overwhelming
- DO take us by the hand (figuratively). Don’t assume that we know what we want or that we know what we’re looking at. If it’s an item we’re not familiar with buying then we need some guidance. Show us around and point things out.
- DON’T hover. While we want your guidance and your help, take the cure if we need a little space. Help us narrow down our choices first but if we want to take some time to mull it over on our own, back off or you might spook us. Its fine to check back in every few minutes to see if we need additional assistance, but don’t hover or make us feel pressured.
- DO, point out fashion trends. We don’t necessarily want to be on the cutting edge of trends…but we still want to look good and stylish. If we feel like it makes us look like Brad Pitt that matters to us. We might even want to know if it was featured in a magazine. We are vain – we just don’t make it obvious
- DON’T ask or assume our budget. If you ask for our budget, you allow us to limit ourselves. You will dumb down our choices and ultimately you’ll loose out. Show us the merchandise first, then talk price.